Leave My Child Alone Privacy & Security Policies
We are committed to preserving your privacy and safeguarding your sensitive information. The following statement describes the general information-gathering and usage practices of our site.
- The MMOB will not disclose your personal information to any entity without your permission, except for the contact information you provide for purposes of the Leave My Child Alone campaign, which will be shared only with our partners in this campaign.
- By using our website, you grant The MMOB permission to contact you regarding important issues. You can unsubscribe from email communications by following the unsubscribe instructions on the communication itself or visiting this link.
- The MMOB appreciates and will accept online contributions. Users will be asked to submit contact information for verification purposes. Contact information will be stored in a secure location, and financial information will not be stored except when it is needed for record-keeping purposes.
- IP addresses are ID numbers for the location of your computer or network on the internet. (Log files are recordings of the traffic to and from a server.) The MMOB's servers log IP addresses for systems administration and troubleshooting. We track page hits in the aggregate to track the popularity of pages that people visit. With that information we can improve the quality of the site. The MMOB does not use these files to collect personally identifying information, and log files and IP addresses are neither stored with nor used in conjunction with personal information.
- Only select MMOB staff and contracted individuals have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site. We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving sensitive personal and financial data from our site. These security measures will protect against loss or misuse of your information. In addition, we have taken appropriate security measures in our server environment to protect against the loss or misuse of information that you've provided to our site.
Effective January 28, 2006
Opt out of the Pentagon's database and your school's military recruitment list.
Download Pentagon and High School Opt Out forms, flyers, factsheets, kits and other materials.
Write letters to officials who can help protect kids' privacy from Pentagon recruiters.
Learn everything you need to know to help your local schools do it right.